Oh, Friday. The best day of the week. I can’t tell you how excited I am to see the end of this week and have a whole two days of weekend ahead of me! And speaking of excitement, it has been non-stop buzz on Mud Island all week with Wills and Kate finally making the big announcement. Very cute. It has me feeling very nostalgic for the last big royal wedding (yes, I really am that old). Of course, I was only a preschooler then, but I remember watching Princess Diana’s wedding in AWE and then acting it out with my best friend. I had short hair, so I had to be Charles. :(
Anyway, rest assured that I will be giving you all the updates from the frontline, as it were, in my own special way, starting later today.
Another reason I’m feeling totally excited at the moment is that in just over TWO WEEKS (!) I am heading back to Cape Town and Durbs. I can’t wait to spend some time driving around between CT city and the winelands, seeing friends old and new, but so much still to organise before I go! And I can’t wait even more to spend Christmas with my family (first time in nine years!). YAAAAAAAY!
Anyway, continuing with the general excitement, here’s this week’s Love List:
- Who knew that colourful church hall chairs could make such a lovely ceremony feature? Inspiration is everywhere…
- I’m a sucker for white calligraphy on black card (well, all calligraphy, but this especially) so these table numbers had me at hello. The rest of the wedding’s pretty darn amazing as well though!
- Most insanely awesome bridesmaid styling of the week has to go to these navy dresses (love the bracelet as well!).
- How cute is this apple bouquet? Maybe one of my favourite autumny touches ever.
- I love creative guest book alternatives. How about a box of recipe cards for making a good marriage? CUTE!
- I am also loving these place settings. Lovely menu card + family heirloom photo + stamped peg + baker’s twine = so much style. And SO easy.
- How adorable is this handmade fabric bouquet?
- Mismatching bridesmaid dresses I like. Mismatching 1920s-style cocktail wear complete with flapper accessories… Wowsers.
- I am absolutely dying over these string ball chandelier whatchamacallits. Dying! So pretty, so whimsical. I LOVE.
Have a wonderful weekend, folks!